About Steve R. Lasater M.D., FAAFP
Dr. Steve Lasater, Founder and Medical Director of Optimal Wellness Medical, is committed to detecting clinical problems before they manifest as disease states. He and his staff will measure your rate of aging using cutting-edge, non-invasive techniques to determine your body’s biological age, comparing this to your chronological age. When necessary, Dr. Lasater will recommend specific treatments for low hormone states, hypothyroidism, and abnormalities of the lipoprotein particles that carry cholesterol (a more important measurement than cholesterol levels themselves).
Dr. Lasater’s patients receive a comprehensive assessment of the health of each major physiological system, followed by recommendations regarding exercise, diet, nutritional supplements, and, when indicated, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to slow or even reverse the physiological decline associated with advancing age.
I base my treatment approach for Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy on published scientific evidence, as well as on something that is becoming increasingly rare in medical practice these days – how my patient actually feels – rather than on some impersonal formula or some one-size-fits-all guideline dictated by a government agency or an insurance company.
- Education and Experience
- Undergraduate Education: BA, Biomedical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Medical School: MD degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Residency: Family Medicine, Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa (affiliated with University of Iowa College of Medicine)
- Fellow: American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellowship Training: Hyberbaric & Undersea Medicine, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Diplomate (Board-Certified): Family Medicine, Clinical Lipidology, Bariatric (Obesity) Medicine, Hyperbaric & Undersea Medicine
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Member: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Medical Staff Membership: Spectrum Health – Butterworth Campus, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Medical Mission Projects: Honduras and Nicaragua with the Christian Medical Association
About Optimal Wellness Medical
At Optimal Wellness Medical we believe we believe that the goal of health care ought to be exactly that—care of your health, not only prevention and treatment of disease.
Our mission, therefore, is to provide the most advanced, scientifically-validated diagnostics and therapeutics available to help women and men feel and look as healthy as possible as they grow older.
Our patients receive a comprehensive assessment of the health of each major physiological system and then a tailored program of exercise, diet, nutritional supplements, and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to slow, and in some cases, reverse the decline in their physiological age.
Current Services offered at Optimal Wellness Medical:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men and Women
- Age-Management Medicine (the science of living longer – happily!)
- CoolSculpting Body Contouring (“Nonsurgical liposuction’)
- Botox Injections
- Clinical Lipidology (cholesterol management and cardiovascular risk reduction)