About Grand Rapids Optimal Wellness Medical Group
Our physician, Dr. Steve Lasater, is committed to detecting clinical problems before they manifest as disease states. He and his staff will measure your rate of aging using high-technology noninvasive techniques to determine your body’s biological age, comparing this to your chronological age, and when necessary recommending specific treatments for low hormone states, hypothyroidism, and abnormalities of the lipoprotein particles that carry cholesterol (a more important measurement than cholesterol levels themselves).
Our patients receive a comprehensive assessment of the health of each major physiological system, followed by recommendations regarding exercise, diet, nutritional supplements, and, when indicated, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to slow or even reverse the physiological decline associated with advancing age.
Steve R. Lasater, M.D., FAAFP
Founder and Medical Director
At Optimal Wellness Medical Group we believe we believe that the goal of health care ought to be exactly that—care of your health, not only prevention and treatment of disease.
Our mission, therefore, is to provide the most advanced, scientifically-validated diagnostics and therapeutics available to help women and men feel and look as healthy as possible as they grow older.
Our patients receive a comprehensive assessment of the health of each major physiological system and then a tailored program of exercise, diet, nutritional supplements, and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to slow, and in some cases, reverse the decline in their physiological age.
“I base my treatment approach for Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy on published scientific evidence, as well as on something that is becoming increasingly rare in medical practice these days – how my patient actually feels – rather than on some impersonal formula or some one-size-fits-all guideline dictated by a government agency or an insurance company.”
Current Services offered at Optimal Wellness Medical Group:
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for men and women
- Age Management medicine (the science of living longer – happily!)
- CoolSculpting body contouring (“Nonsurgical liposuction’)
- Botox injections
- Clinical Lipidology (cholesterol management and cardiovascular risk reduction)
- Undergraduate Education: BA, Biomedical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Medical School: MD degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas
- Residency: Family Medicine, Broadlawns Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa (affiliated with University of Iowa College of Medicine)
- Fellow: American Academy of Family Physicians
- Fellowship Training: Hyberbaric & Undersea Medicine, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Diplomate (Board-Certified): Family Medicine, Clinical Lipidology, Bariatric (Obesity) Medicine, Hyperbaric & Undersea Medicine
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty Member: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Medical Staff Membership: Spectrum Health – Butterworth Campus, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Medical Mission Projects: Honduras and Nicaragua with the Christian Medical Association
“I have been seeing Dr. Lasater for over three years for hormone replacement therapy. I have been very satisfied with the results. Dr. Lasater has always taken his time answering any questions I have and explaining the form of treatment he prescribes.”
Meet Our Staff
Jan Meyer, Patient Coordinator
“I attended the University of Akron in Ohio to obtain my associate degree. I have over 15 years of medical administrative experience in various medical offices. My job as patient coordinator affords me the opportunity to welcome both new and established patients to our office. I want to make sure your experience, from scheduling your appointment to welcoming you upon arrival to helping you schedule your return visit, will be professional and pleasant. The front office duties keep me busy, but never too busy to help address any concern you may have.”
If you’re ready to experience life again and not just get through it, contact Grand Rapids Bioidentical Doctor, Steve Lasater, M.D.’s office today to schedule your first consultation.